Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Power of Encouragement

If you ask me, encouraging people are difficult to comeby these days. Nevertheless, the experience of my acquaintance with encouraging individuals is close to my heart. When I am down, I usually try to cheer myself up by thinking of these people and their motivating words.I think it is very true that words can either make or break people. I actually got this message from a Hindi movie.



The movie, Taare Zameen Par, which means stars on earth is about a boy who is autistic and his problem is not understood by his parents. Hence, thinking that he is plain playful and naughty, they send him away to a boarding school to ‘bring the best’ out of him. He goes to the strict boys’ boarding school where even the teachers are unable to understand his situation and they start punishing and blaming him for everything. This boy loses faith in everything including his own family members who do not give him their support. He goes through his life like a dejected zombie with no happiness or meaning. This is when a new substitute teacher comes to work in that school. Though, just and arts teacher, he immediately understands this boy’s problem and takes the initiative to help him. He motivates the boy to study and brings out the his artistic talent. Then, the teacher talks to the boy’s parents and tells them about an incident in a country(I do not remember the name of that country). The native people there, not wanting to cut down the trees to clear the land for cultivation purposes, stand in a circle around the area that they need and curse the trees with foul words. This goes on for a week; eventually the trees wither away by themselves.


This movie really touched me and I never get bored watching it again and again because with encouraging words any persons hidden talents could be brought to light.

Posted by: A.Padmassini A/P V.Anand

No comments:

Post a Comment